Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beauty

I had my crit for my video in my Time class this morning. I think the crit itself went well, but I did receive some good advice on what I should do if I were to re-edit it. My teacher seemed to really like and thought the concept behind it was good and was visually interesting for the most part.

Our project was really open ended, but we were given an assignment two weeks ago to choose 100 found images online that we personally think are beautiful, then narrow down those 100 images to 20, and of those 20, include at least 3 of our own photos.

These are the 20 images I chose.
















These next 6 images are photos I have taken.








While I was trying to find images for the first week, I kept stumbling upon gifs and videos that I wished I could have included in my set, but it was impossible to use because my teacher really wanted still images. So based on that idea, I went through my YouTube favorites and chose 20 that I thought were the most visually interesting. I chose small, few second clips and edited the clips to coincide with footage of me throwing the original pictures on the ground. I tried to make parallels between each of the images and the clips I chose based on similar forms, colors, speed, moods, and/or concepts. Even though a lot of the images and especially the video clips are not exactly what society would normally think of as typical beauty, this is sort of a chaotic visual representation of what I believe is beautiful.

This video is different than any sort of video I've ever made before and though there are some points my classmates made about how to fix it, I'm really happy with the final results. I'm also happy that I was even able to crank this video out because I literally had like 3 or 4 original ideas that included projecting the images, recording me throwing the pictures on my computer screen, and other technical stuff that didn't work out in the end. This was all sort created last minute the day before it was due, but there were still tons of hours that went into making it.

So here it is in all it's glory. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment